Bad Movie Guy.com...Where There's No Such Thing As A Bad Movie!

B Movies, Cult Movies and Movies That You Might Not Have Heard Of!!

Friday, June 11, 2010

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

I'll admit right up front, I wasn't a big fan of the animated G.I. Joe series.  I'm a bit older than that, the G.I. Joe I knew was 12 inches tall and had 'life like' hair and 'kung fu grip', so all this 'Yo Joe' stuff is a bit lost on me, but I still heard good things about the movie G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra, so I wanted to check it out...and I got exactly what I expected.

This is really the story of the forming of the 'core team' of 'Joes', Duke, Ripcord, Scarlet, Heavy Duty and Snake Eyes....and, if you're as old as I am, then you're going to vaguely remember some of those guys.  Well, after we're introduced to everyone, we meet Cobra, who's also just forming.  Cobra has developed nano technology that will 'eat' metal and plans to destroy several cities to gain power, and it's up to the Joes to stop them!  And, that's your basic story, lots of cgi explosions and stuff, but that's about it.

If you're going into a movie about G.I. Joe expecting Oscar calibar performances and story, then you probably shouldn't be watching movies, they'll just confuse you.  But if, like me, you said, I feel like watching some crap blow up, a few kung fu fights and a mindless movie, then you're in for a treat, because as mindless action goes, this one is pretty good!

I'm giving G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra 3 1/2 out of 4 cigars, it's not perfect, but it's pretty entertaining!

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home